The Eight R's of Faith and Healing
Our faith is an extremely powerful tool that the Lord has given to each one of us who has confessed Jesus Christ as Lord as confirmed in Romans 12:3 (KJV) - "...according as God hath dealt to every man THE measure of faith."
Notice just how important our faith is, take a look at Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For a deeper understanding of this Scripture, let's read it from the Amplified Version which pulls in the depth of the Greek language. Hebrews 11:1 (AMP) - "NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]."
Now you can see why the devil fights our faith so much. Your faith is your "title deed" of everything that Jesus purchased for you upon the cross, it's your "confirmation" that perceives as a real fact those things we desire and hope for but are not manifested yet in the natural realm - but are in fact a present Kingdom reality.
The enemy of our soul would just as soon have us give up and allow our faith to become dormant and ineffective. The Bible reminds us in Romans 1:17 that the just (that's us) shall live by faith; faith in God and faith in His Word. This is the prescribed method that Almighty God has set forth for the believer.
Below is a list of what I call the the Eight "R's" of faith and healing. They are a reminder of what comprises a productive and active faith that pulls the blessings of God off of the pages of the Bible and into the natural as a manifested reality. Keep in mind that the number "8" represents a new beginning. As you take hold of these eight R's of faith, you'll be on your way to your new beginning of health and wholeness.
1. REALIZE what belongs to you and is your inheritance which is revealed within the written Word. They are our precious covenant promises, our inheritance, our birthright. Locate some foundational promises that cover your situation AND spend time mulling them over, meditating upon them and allowing them to begin to ignite your faith in the area you are believing God for. Expect the Holy Spirit to bring forth revelation and understanding that will cause them to become your nuggets of truth. (Acts 20:32)
2. RECEIVE their revealed truth as yours personally and take them to heart. Settle it within yourself that they belong to you as a part of the salvation package - your purchased possession. (Mark 11:24)
3. RECALL these nuggets to mind daily, reminding yourself of who you are In Him so as to prevent doubt and unbelief from taking up residence. The sickness, disease and the symptoms thereof may be a natural medical fact, BUT the TRUTH of the Word of God supersedes all natural fact. (Romans 12:2)
4. RECITE these truths verbally, preferably in the first person tense, daily - laying ownership to them as your personal possession. These spoken Scriptural truths confirm and affirm your will which is in agreement with His will - which is His revealed Word. The Bible tells us that out of the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses every Word may be established. God is one, His Word is another and you become the establishing witness! (Matthew 18:16)
5. RESIST the devil and his attempts to get you off guard attempting to convince you that the affliction or the adverse situation which is opposite the Word belongs to you and is something you must bear. However, the TRUTH is that Jesus bore your sickness so that you don't have to and has redeemed you from the curse of the law (Galatians 3:13). Use your authority in Christ and command the sickness, poverty, lack, or adverse circumstance to go in Jesus Name! (Luke 10:19-20, Mark 11:23)
6. REMAIN steadfast, immovable until the manifestation shows up in the natural. Do not settle for anything less than what His revealed Word promises to you. Develop an "I will not be denied" attitude. For all of the promises of God are Yes and in Him Amen! (Or "so be it!) (Ephesians 6:13)
7. REJOICE in the Lord always! One of the best ways to stave off discouragement is to praise Him daily for who He is and all that He has given to you. You are a child of God NOW and these promises already belong to you as your God ordained inheritance and your birthright as a believer. Allow the joy of the Lord, which is your strength, to well up on the inside of you as you praise Him for your salvation and all of the covenant benefits that are included therein. (1 Peter 2:9)
8. REPORT your testimony of healing to as many people as you can find to proclaim the goodness of your God and build someone else up with your testimony of healing. Freely you have received - freely give! (Revelation 12:11)